Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Easter goodies!!!

Yeah I know a little late but I have been offline for two weeks changing ISPs. Now that is all sorted I will hopefully be able to blog more.

So this year I thought I'd love to have a few Easter goodies on the table for Easter weekend.

I saw this fab idea at Super Organiser Mum.


They are Easter eggs filled with double thick custard mmmmm.

But I had a decadent idea. I filled mine with homemade caramel. very rich but oh my! You could use a can of Top n Fill but I prefer to make my own caramel but simmering the whole can of sweetened condensed milk in a pot of water for 3 hours (or 7 hours in the slow cooker).




I found a recipe for Easter biscuits somewhere on the web but cannot for the life of me remember where.


The original recipe said to take arrowroot biscuits, perfect shape for Easter. Spread on with Top n Fill, then microwave a marshmallow on the other and then sandwich together.
I took it a step further and coated the biscuit sandwich with melted chocolate and sprinkled with 100's and 1000's. They are sorta like Wagon Wheels.
These were yummy, they didn't last long, but you couldn't really taste the caramel. Have decided I'll use raspberry jam next time.
I used just one can of caramel for the dozen eggs and a packet of arrowroots.

I just realised I never took a photo of the cupcakes I made :((((

Well I took a packet of Betty Crocker Vanilla Cake mix (on special at Woolies for $2.40 that's half price!!!) and made it up in mini cupcakes. That took forever as it made about 7 DOZEN!!!! mini cupcakes!
I iced as many as I could with the sachet of vanilla frosting that came with the packet mix (about half the cupcakes I think).
I then coloured some dessicated coconut with green food dye to look like grass.
I sprinkled the cupcakes with the 'grass' the placed a couple of mini speckled candy birds eggs onto so they looked like nests. The boys LOVED these!


Next year I plan to make a few other things along with something a little different for the filled Easter eggs.
I also want to start decorating a little for Easter too. So much fun!


TFL!
Take Care
Becci
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I think they look so yummy....and I am loving reading your new blog....I can't wait to see what else you get up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so cool! Thanks Becci!
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete