Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Menu Plan May 26th - June 8th


I love pumpkin soup! Infact I love pumpkin full stop and love that it is in season again now.


Menu for this fortnight:

Thurs - Spaghetti Bolognaise and Garlic Bread
Fri - Going Out (my sister taking us out for dinner!)
Sat - Veggie Soup
Sun - Roast Pork
Mon - Impossible Quiche, baked potato and veggies
Tues - Chicken and Leek pie with mash potato top
Wed - Stroganoff meatballs, rice and veggies

Thurs - Pumpkin and Spinach Lasagna (from Play Time Snacks on FaceBook)
Fri - Steak sandwiches
Sat - Pumpkin Soup
Sun - Roast chicken
Mon - Sausages and veg
Tues - Chicken tender burgers
Wed - Shepherds Pie


Baking:
trying out some more Cake Mix Cookie recipes
Pineapple Rock Cakes
Lemonade
Choc Chip Brownies


I plan to boil up and chicken for the base of the veggie soup. I will then shred the meat and bag up into at least 2 meals. One bag will be used for the Chicken and Leek pie. The other will be for another meal another time. Then I'll be able to boil up the bones again for another soup! So at least 4 meals from one $10 chicken!

I am loving pumpkins right now. They would have to be my favourite veggie for sure. I usually add in some carrots and red lentils to my pumpkin soup. They help to add extra colour (especially if you use Queensland blue pumpkin) and lots of extra nutrients.

The Chicken tender burgers are a bit of a leftovers meal too. I bought chicken breast the other week and kept the tenders off them and out int he freezer. There isn't many for a meat based meal, but plenty for burgers.

The pumpkin and Spinach Lasagna is from the Play Time Snack page on FaceBook. This recipe has 8 different veggies in it! I use lots of Play Time Snack recipes so pop on over to their FaceBook page and check them out!



TFL! 
Take Care
Becci
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becci! LOVE your menu planning and your blog- we have a lot of OCD tendencies in common ;-) Sorry its taken me a while to respond- your comment on my blog got lost to me in a fantastic sea of visitors from my MIL Rhonda's blog :-) Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog, I look forward to reading more of yours Xoxox sarndra

    ReplyDelete