Sunday, September 25, 2011

Slow Cooked Sausage Casserole




I was browsing through the Stay At Home Mum Facebook page and came across some girls talking about this sausage casserole. I didn't have any tomato soup or even a tin of tomatoes so I adapted the recipe to suit what I did have.

Beccis Slow Cooked Sausage Casserole
Snags - enough to feed your family (I used 12)
3/4 cup tomato chutney (I used Rosella but home made would be awesome!)
1 onion, sliced
2 rashers bacon (I used picnic bacon)
1 can baked beans (I used ham flavoured)

Pop all the ingredients in your slow cooker (grill them first if you wish and cut them up if you like, I left mine whole) and cook on high for about 3 hours. Stirring occasionally.
Serve with lots of scrummy vegies and that's it!

I think this would make a great addition to brunch too. Add a couple of slices of thick toast from some homemade bread and top with a fried/poached egg or two mmmm.



TFL!
Take Care
Becci
xoxo

1 comment: