Sunday, November 13, 2011

Star Facecloths

As you know I've been making dishcloths for a while now. So it was only natural that I would start to make facecloths too.


I saw this pattern on Pinterest and thought it would be really cute for my boys. Now that I have all this gorgeous Bendigo cotton I have no excuse right. So I sat down last night with the pattern and whipped some up. I made 4! Yes4! They only take just under an hour to make. I did make a couple of changes though. The main one being that I used a 4mm hook rather than the suggested 5mm and I added an extra round in to make up for size. Obviously you can make these as big as you like though.
I started making a couple of pink and purple ones for a present. Eli took a liking to them but "don like purple mum". So I hooked up the yellow one above and them made a matching one for Ethan. I showed them to the boys this morning and they can't wait to have their showers now.
I think next time for us I'll add a loop to hang them up in the shower though.
I can see me hooking up many more of these in the near future


Linking up with:


TFL!
Take Care
Becci
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Wow!! They are beautiful! You are one clever lady Becci!!
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are awesome!! I would love to be able to crochet! These would look so cute as a Christmas bunting in Christmas colours!!!
    Thanks for linking up! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fantastic! I can't crochet to save my life, so I'm very impressed that you can recreate those instructions. They'd make a great teacher's gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous!! Learning to crochet is on my list of things to make/learn. Is it easy to learn??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think so Alyce. My nanna taught me about 13 years ago. All the stitches are a variation on the one stitch which makes things easy. If you don't have anyone that can teach you I suggest searching for a youtube clip or two

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to practice my crochet so I can make something cool like that. You're very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you made 4 in an hour? it would take me all day to make one...if i didn't mess it up 20 times first and it actually got done at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No lol They take me about an hour each and that night I made four lol. Not quite that speedy hehehe.
    It took me a while to get the first couple done, but after that it was quite quick

    ReplyDelete