Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Let's Get Organised Wk3 ~ Snack Stations

Snack Stations are a great way to pack lunchboxes quickly. even easier for the kids to pack their own lunchboxes!

This year I plan to have three snack stations. One in the pantry fro dry goods, one in the freezer for cakes and muffins and another in the fridge for yoghurts, fruit and cheese.

This is my snack box at the moment. I need to get a few more things for in here.
When my big boys would pack a lunch box I used to buy boxes of Shapes and divvy them up into small ziplock bags. I think from memory I would place 15 biscuits in each bag?? Much cheaper to buy a box and separate than a bag of individual ones.

Here are some other ideas
Popcorns a great alternative to chips.

If you don't have room in your pantry maybe  you have a drawer you can use?
Great idea to have spoons and napkins etc here too.

The pic here on the left is a fridge station, the one on the right a pantry station.


I am yet to start my back to school baking but I do 

Frozen breakfast station
Brekky wraps and fruit ready for smoothies

and a lunch/snack station
frozen muffin pizzas, orange slices and grapes.

I will be baking lots of cakes, muffins and scrolls though, recipes to come in the next few days.

Lastly is a fridge station. I'll be buying my baskets tomorrow for this, but in the mean time here's some more inspiration.




I hope these pics of some awesome snack stations has motivated you to make your own. I'd love to see them if you do, please link up below.


TFL!
Take Care
Becci
xoxo




2 comments:

  1. I bought a couple of containers for the fridge and pantry to do snack stations...what a FABULOUS idea!!!! Elijah is forever asking me for something to eat, and it will be such a neat thing for him to be able to pick out his own snack! OUr oven has been broken for 2 weeks now, can't bake anything arrgggggh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of snack stations! All my kids 14, 12, 9, 8 and 4 all pack their own lunches, but it was getting a bit sloppy last year as far as the content was concerned. Now I'll be able to tell them a savoury, a sweet, a snack and 2pcs fruit. Hopefully I'll have stations set up for most of these!! I love giving my kids independence!

    ReplyDelete