Monday, April 30, 2012

Let's Get Organised Wk17 ~ Washing Machine

Welcome to another month! We are now about 1/3rd of the way through the year!



This month we will be focussing on the Laundry room.

Lets start with one of the most useful appliances in the house - the washing machine. How often do you clean yours? If you are like me one when someone on a blog or forum prompts me to!

Your missions for this week:
~ Thoroughly clean your washing machine
~ Scrub your laundry basin

So how do you clean your washing machine? 
Well Kat at The Organised Housewife has some very simple instructions for top loader washing machines here.

If you have a front loader like me this is what I do:
~ take out the soap dispenser and clean thoroughly.
~ take out all your filters and clean them and their receptacles
~ take a bucket and fill with water as hot as you can handle and add a good splash of vinegar. Take a clean cloth and clean the inside of your door and your door seal.
~ Set the machine on a hot wash with some vinegar in the soap dispenser.
~ While the machine is running wipe over the outside with your water/vinegar mix and dry thoroughly.
~ don't forget to dust behind your machine too

You may choose to pull your machine out and clean underneath, we will be doing this later in the month but feel free to do this this week if you like.

How to clean your laundry basin
~ take everything out of your basin
~ give it a quick rinse off to remove the bulk of anything gross
~ sprinkle liberally with bicarb and spray with vinegar (in a spray bottle)
~ take a cloth, or a scourer (for a metal basin) if it's really grotty like mine (my washing machine water drains into my basin) and give it a good scrub.
~ when it's clean rinse really well.

Would love to see some before and after pics, don't be embarrassed we've all been there.

TFL!
Take Care
Becci
xoxo



2 comments:

  1. Since reading Kat's post about cleaning washing machines a while ago, I do mine quite regularly now - it's amazing how grotty it gets, eh? You've reminded me to give it another sparkle so later today, that's my job! I find the lint filter is the most disgusting bit to clean - I soak mine (it's like a little bag) in White King overnite to kill mould and other greeblies!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how much my laundry needs this huh? I've had the front loader for about 18 months and never cleaned it, as it's my first FL I will follow your instructions to a T.

    ReplyDelete