Sunday, July 15, 2012

Chocolate Caramel Chip Cupcakes



I was so excited a few weeks back when someone of Facebook posted a picture of the new Nestle Caramel Choc Chips! I have been wanting some for so long. I see so many American recipes that require butterscotch chips that I want to try and I just cannot justify the price some online stores charge for them, it's just not within my budget.
Since that day I have been scouring Woolies and Coles waiting for them to appear. Well yesterday was the day! I popped into Coles for a couple of things and just happened to walk past a Nestle display and there they were! Bonus that Nestle has a promotion on at the moment where if you buy any 3 Nestle baking items you can receive a free kids apron. So of course that's what I did. Will have to get another come shopping day though as Eli scored this one and Ethan wants one too.


Eli's been itching to bake with me since so today we decided to bake some choc cupcakes and pop the caramel bits in them.


We used our favourite cupcake recipe form taste.com.au, added a heaped dessertspoon of cocoa, am extra splash of milk and a cup of the caramel bits. There was enough caramel bits leftover in the pack to sprinkle on top of the cupcakes before they went in the oven and also for the kids to sneak!


OMG they are so yum! 7 have been eaten by the fam while I have been writing this post. Doubt there will be any left for dessert as planned lol




TFL!
Take Care
Becci
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. hmmm will have to get me some of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness...didn't know there were caramel ones now....this is bad news for weight watchers this week!!! I love those photos of that handsome little chef!!!!

    ReplyDelete