Thursday, July 5, 2012

Menu Plan 5th ~ 18th July


I am very excited this week! The butcher that we have been travelling over an hour to see every few moths for our bulk shop has opened up a shop front here locally! Well Victor Harbor which is about 5 minutes away and where I do my main shopping anyways.
So now I don't have to worry about a massive bulk shop. I'll still buy things in reasonable quanities but maybe $50-$100 at a time when I see items that we use regularly on special instead!
So this weeks menu is in part based around their specials this week.
The have lots of stores all through Adelaide so if you'd like to check them out for yourself then head over to their website at Gawler River Cattle Co.

The specials I am taking advantage of this fortnight are:
~ Twin pack of chickens $6.99 ~ one for the freezer the other will be for soup
~ Legs of Pork $3.99/kg ~ for a roast obviously :)
~ Chicken snitzels $4.99/kg ~ will top them some how
~ Country Chicken Sausages $3.99/kg ~ will have them just grilled with veg so I can really taste them and check to see if they aren't too salty

Thurs ~ Spaghetti Bolognaise and Garlic Bread
Fri ~ Chicken, Noodle and Veg soup 
Sat ~ Loaded Wedges
Sun ~ leftovers 
Mon ~ Roast Pork
Tues ~ Loaded Chicken Snitzels
Wed ~ Beef Scallopini

Thurs ~ Chicken Sausages and veg
Fri ~ Shepherds Pie
Sat ~ Pumpkin Soup
Sun ~ Roast chicken
Mon ~ Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni 
Tues ~ Lamb chops and veg
Wed ~ Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Baking:
This fortnights baking is taking a different turn this fortnight. I have been helping to fundraise for a local family who tragically lost their son in an accident here on Easter Sunday. We are holding a massive raffle with so many local businesses coming on board, a sausage sizzle at the local Fig Tree Market and also at the market will be a cake stall. So my baking this week will all be for fundraising. I have planned a few whole cakes, some cookies in various flavours and am currently trying to source some plastic cups with lids so I can make some jelly cups to sell too.
If you would like to donate either time, cash or goods please head over to the Dew Family Fundraiser page on Facebook and let them know I sent you :)

Would love to see your menu plans. Link them up below or post them on the BDB Facebook Wall.

TFL!
Take Care
Becci
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Loved looking through your plans...was just thinking of writing up my meal plans as part of my family food Fridays again so thank you for giving me some needed inspiration!!
    They are some great meat specials there....how nice to have a shop close by now!
    Good luck with the fundraising x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool Jode, looking forward to reading your meal plan. We has your devilled sausages last night and it was yum! Will definitely be making it again!

      Delete