Monday, November 26, 2012

Turning a Cot into a Daybed


My boys have had those flip out foam sofas to sit on in the family room until now. But they are getting really grotty and yuck.
I have been dreaming of getting them a cheap sofa instead but the budget isn't stretching that far, and won't for quite a few months yet.
Then I thought today, I have a cot/toddler bed sitting in the shed. Have tried to sell it a couple of times, but no bites. So why not turn it into a day bed for them!

 Before, including mess
After

 The boys chillin'
I put a flannel sheet down on the mattress fist then one of my crocheted blankets.
The Humphrey pillowcases and the pillowcase behind the Cars cushion are from when I was a kid!

Have you repurposed a cot before??


Take Care
Becci
xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Hey Becci the day bed looks great! Such a big improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea Becci! The day bed is great...and comfortable too by the looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becci what a super idea! I love it and obviously so do your boys. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. doesn't that look great, the kids are thrilled with it too
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, Becci!
    How have you been since Blogtoberfest? I just wanted to let you know that I'm hosting another (albeit gentler and more introspective) blog challenge over the month of December called #reverb12. Would be so rapt if you joined us!
    There's a little giveaway too. :-)
    Details here: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/reverb12.html
    Take care,
    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Blogtober, but took a little break of about a week afterwards. Am back into blogging more again now however not every day.
      Will come over and check out reverb :)
      Thanks for coming and catching up :)

      Delete
  6. What a beaut idea - I'll bear this in mind when we're finally finished with ours!

    #FYBF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. I might steal it when we are done with our cots :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome idea! Our cot is looking a bit sad. Would be nice if Mr 1 didn't feel the need to chew on it. Might see if it's salvageable once we're done having babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fantastic! Well done. Miss3 is in her old cot with a side removed. I really should get her a real toddler bed. This is my motivation - so I too can get rid of the grotty, stained old foam fold out lounges and replace them with her cot as a day bed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and what a great idea! We've kept the cot our kids used and my husband is still thinking on what he'll do with it. Hopefully, something. I'd hate for it to just end up stacked in the garage and left.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an awesome idea, Becci. I'll lock it away until the bub grows out of it.....and we get a bigger home! Visiting belatedly from FYBF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a difference, it looks fantastic :) Cute boys you have there, I bet they are loving their new day bed !!!
    Oh my, I had the exact same Humphrey pillow case #memories x

    ReplyDelete