Sunday, December 2, 2012

Where am I?

Yesterday Kat proposed a question to us:

How are you starting this last month of 2012?

Take a moment, close your eyes, take a deep breath and ask yourself the question: how do you feel...

... in your body? in your mind? in your day job? in your creative life? in your heart?


Right today I am tired. My hands are aching a little. Some from the crochet I have been doing, but also from chopping up a heap of veg to make 6! pasty slabs yesterday, some of which are for our dinner tonight.
My feet are sore from standing barefoot on our lino (with no underfelt straight onto concrete) while I baked the said pasty slabs and 2 doz cupcakes as well as last night dinner of fried rice and marinated chicken wings.
I haven't slept well the last few days due to the warm weather. The people staying in the holiday house across the road had a nice party last night that woke me a couple of times too, but nothing too bad.


But my mind is feeling fabulous! I am a whirl with so many plans for next year. Plans for my personal and family life, for blogging, for Down To Earth, for every aspect of my life. I am so excited for what 2013 is going to be all about!

I have a few day jobs. The first and foremost is being a Stay At Home Mum. I am very passionate about this 'job' but I know I can do so much better. A wave of calm and tolerance has swept over me of late and I am feeling so much calmer and patient with the kids which is so wonderful.
My other day job at Lime Tree Creations is winding up. I can no longer crocheted the fine doilies and trims I have been making and selling for the last 2 and a bit years. I am a little sad to be stopping this work, but I am also rather excited about how LTC will be being revamped in the new year.


My creative life is rather stifled at the moment. I have hardly scrapped at all this year. I am itching to get back into it though, however my creativity is needing to be channelled into making christmas presents right now. The rest will have to wait.

My heart is full of love for the changes that I have realised I have had to make this year and for the excitement of what those changes are going to mean for my family and myself in the new year.

So that's me. That's where I am at. Where are you at?



Take Care
Becci
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Becci

    I am excited about all the possibilities for me next year too!

    Mainly in the form of my home!

    I look forward to my rostered days off from work in the new year. All the Christmas preparations in food & gifts will be over and I will be able to do just what I want to do for ME at home!

    I will be able to get heaps planted in the garden early for autumn & winter.

    And from the first week in May we are off for 6 weeks over to WA! Now that I am really excited about!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tomatoes ...pondering my end on the questions of life

    ReplyDelete