Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mortein NaturGard Automatic Outdoor Insect Control System {Sponsored Post}

Photobucket

You know how when certain things happen and everything falls into place???

Well that's what happened here recently. Not in any sort of major way, but it made me smile none the less.

We have been planning our first trip away in our new van for a while. I had seen those indoor automatic bug sprays around for a while and had heard that they now did an outdoor one. I wondered if it would be good to use outside the van at night. We were going away in summer after all, and lots of night time chatting was to be happening with the in law. And there is nothing worse then mozzie bites on top of the obligatory summer sunburn. I decided that I'd grab one in the pre holiday shop.

Then the universe created it's magic and I was offered a Mortein NaturGard Automatic Outdoor Insect Control System to review through Product Talk by Nuffnang. What perfect timing!!!!

When it arrived I promptly packed it in the van ready for our trip.


MorteinVan 
Our van and awning. We placed our Control System above the door so it sprayed out evenly (without marking the awning too).
My in laws awning was right next door and just as big as ours. It reached through theirs too!

Our first day was rather warm, and once night time came out came the mozzies!
So I grabbed my Mortein NaturGard Automatic Outdoor Insect Control System and set it going.
Immediately I noticed that it didn't smell like fly spray at all, like I assumed it would. No it had a very pleasant and not too strong scent.

We noticed pretty quick that the bugs didn't like it. Not one mozzie to be seen or felt!

The Control System uses a plant based active ingredient which is rather nice to know when you have little kiddies around, and much better on those who are sensitive for traditional sprays.
I love that it has a 3 hour automatic cut off too. No forgetting to turn it off when we went inside for the night.
The system covers a 25m2 area, or for us both ours and my in laws awning areas were covered. Huge!

We also used it a few times during the day when the flies decided that they liked what we were having for lunch. Only a couple of minutes and they disappeared too!

The Mortein NaturGard Automatic Outdoor Insect Control System certainly helped to make our holiday a happy one. Not one mozzie bite between the 6 of us.
We used it every night, and a couple of times in the day, over 7 days and still haven't run out. We'll definitely be making Mortein part of our holidays in the future.

I received one Mortein NaturGard Automatic Outdoor Insect Control System to review for this Sponsored post.

Take Care
Becci
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I looked at these the other day when they were on special, we suffer out the back at night with mozzies at our house....terribly, my daughter is very allergic coming up in serious welted bites..but I just wasnt happy about the whole 'spray thing' if it keeps the bugs away then what are you breathing in...? good to read a review about them....thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just purchased one yesterday for camping, glad to hear it works a treat, as I am really pleased with the one for inside the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds perfect for our pergola area outside. Hubby is paranoid about mozzies (Ross River virus) and we seem to sit in the dark on warmer nights which drives me crazy! I'll get one and install it out there to keep the mozzies at bay.

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete