Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday ~ Gratitude

 photo 0b17a0e7-f545-4595-8464-902f839ec21d_zpsfd3c1aaa.jpg 


The second half of yesterday near drove me mad.
Was just one of those days where the kids seemed to be extra loud and my ears extra sensitive.
I felt the pressure building up inside of me so many times, especially as the day wore on. I contemplated going for a walk, but just calmed myself and got on with cooking dinner {yummy hamburgers by the way}.
It was one of those days where I was really looking forward to the kids going to bed.

Then as I was drying them after their shower it hit me.
I am so blessed. I am so blessed that I have two {well four but it's these two that are the topic of conversation today} boisterous boys who fill my world.

Monday was a year since a local 4yo boy was hit by a car just down the road from me and was killed. I remember that day like it was yesterday.
I have been fortunate to meet his mum and have a cuppa with her. I have seen her gut wrenching journey through her grief and know that if she saw this right now she'd tell me to shut the $%^& up, that I am so lucky to have my boys and to stop being a $%^&ing whinger and to enjoy them {yep that's how Nay rolls}.

So I gave them an extra big hug when I tucked them in last night. I told them how much I loved them and what I thought was so special about them. They were asleep but at least I said it.

I know there will always be days like today where the top will feel like blowing, but I am going to cherish my boys every minute of everyday.


Becci
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I've had many days like that, Bec :( We all do from time to time. The day to day can be hard sometimes, but yes, we are so incredibly blessed to have our families XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those days are so recognizable. We all have them, or have had them in my case ; )
    It is really great that you can put it in perspective this way.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete