Sunday, December 1, 2013

#reverb13 Day 1: On your first day


 photo reverb13_zps7d8aabe7.jpg

This year the lovely Kat contacted me to let me know that Reverb13 was happening. I took part last year but didn't blog everyday.
Seeing as I've been in a blogging slump, I thought I might just give it a go again.

Todays prompt is:
How do you feel, on this first day, in your mind? In your body? In your heart? In your soul?

Right now I have a head cold. So my mind is feeling rather blah. So is my body.
My heart is feeling grateful that Brian has this weekend off to look after the boys while I rest. And woohoo he's just taken them out for a while. Does that mean I'm expected to clean up the mess of a house???

My heart has come to terms with the change in relationship with our teen. He's nearly 18, left school and is working. It's been hard breaking the mummy habit these last few months.
My soul is getting geared up for Christmas, a quiet one this year.


Today is a big day of firsts. First of December is the first day of Summer. Spring is my fave season but I love the lazy days of summer too. Lots of BBQ. Lazy mornings and evenings when school isn't in, and lots of nights spent at the beach.
Today is also the first day of advent. I have made my own reusable advent calendar but totally forgot to but lollies to go in there. Eli has been reminding me the last few days to go get them ooops.
Dec 1st also means that many people start putting up their christmas lights. The boys love going for drives to see the lights at night. We'll have to go soon no doubt.



So how about you? How are you feeling today?

Take Care

Becci
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Rest up, gorgeous! Head colds are just awful. And there is so much demanded of us mamas this time of year, mind, body and soul.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you feel better soon.

    yes, I just realized that since this December 1st, it is time for an advent calendar of some sorts. I have envelopes to make a countdown for my grandsons ... now just need to put in some treats and activity ideas.

    ReplyDelete