Monday, December 2, 2013

#reverb13 Day 2: Nourish

 photo reverb13_zps7d8aabe7.jpg

Today we are being asked what nourished our soul this year?

For me this would have to be the wonderful Down to Earth community.
Down to Earth is a forum created by the lovely Rhonda Hetzel that is all about Simple Living.
Think green cleaning, repurposing, making and baking from scratch and growing your own.
What I love about this community is the acceptance of who you are, where you're at and where you want to be,
We have all experienced those 'greenies' and 'hippies' who frown upon you if you choose to use disposable nappies or don't make your own bread or heaven forbid you eat meat.
Well Down to Earth isn't like that at all. It's a quiet place where we all have our own expectations of what we would like our life to be like and that is just find by everyone else.
Down to Earth gives me a place where I can chat to likeminded people. People who choose to live similar to myself. People who don't think my fascination for hand crocheted dishcloths and facewashers is at all weird.
Down to Earth is my second home.

DTEBook1 photo DTEBook1_zps75ec03fc.jpg
Rhonda has written a lovely book all about Simple Living. It's the most gorgeous book. The pages have such a lovely texture to them, the pictures are drool worthy and it's full of fabulous info no matter where you are in life.
Rhonda also has a fabulous blog.


What nourishes your soul? Are you on, or would you like to be on, a Simple Living journey?

Take Care
Becci
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. I love this book, its one of my favorites x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful community! Just found you through Reverb13 and I look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said Bec and spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also been inspired by Down to Earth. Love the book and it makes a wonderful Christmas gift. Cheers, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore that book! Total soul nourishment. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for living simple and sharing your love that way of being!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful ... I am thinking of someone who would love this book and to know about the forum. (She probably already knows) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete