Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What's Happening in {My Crafty Corner}


 photo BDBMyCraftyCorner_zps80fd1846.jpg


Last year I decided that I was going to make Ethan and Eli a crocheted blanket each.
They spied some patchwork granny square blankets on Pinterest and decided that's what they wanted.
I started making the squares last year but really didn't get very far.
I really want them to be finished in time to be used this winter.


 photo 2014_0107Jan20140004_zpsa66c4394.jpg

So I made a plan. I counted up how many squares I have made. Decided that I'd like to have the rest completed by the end of March, so that I could spend April sewing the squares together and doing the edge. Hopefully done by Easter.
Some simple maths combined with the fact that I only do person crochet on weekends meant that I had to do 25 squares each weekend (29 on the last weekend). That is totally doable!
5 on a Friday night, then 10 each on Saturday and Sunday. Easy peasy! If I can do more great, that will help to make up for the odd weekend where I don't get much done or I might even finish early!


 photo 2014_0107Jan20140005_zps081f17f4.jpg

This last weekend I managed to do my 25 plus an extra 6! I am keep in a tally in my planner so I know that I am on track.

Are you being crafty? What are you working on?

I'm linking up with Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

Take Care
Becci
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. That's ambitious! And it sounds like you're doing great. Your picture on Frontier Dreams really caught my eye, I love the teal and gray. I've been wanting to learn to crochet so that I can make Alicia Paulson's blanket. Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a huge project. Just a warm up to the one in line afterwards. A king size blanket for my bed! After crocheting for 15 years I still haven't got one!
      I can't place Alicias blanket. Please link me up :)

      Delete
  2. I love the colors! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete