Thursday, February 6, 2014

{February} The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window .... the sun is shining, there is hardly a cloud in the sky and my youngest two are playing together after being apart all day.

I am thinking .... that I really must get my sleeping habits back in check

I am thankful .... that I learnt to cook well

In the kitchen .... is the aftermath of dinner. Apricot Chicken one of our family faves we don't have nearly often enough

I am wearing .... a basic tshirt, crop exercise pants and sneakers. Minus the bra! It is the end of the day after all!

I am creating .... a blanket for the 67 Blankets for Madiba Australian Chapter

I am going .... to be taking part in Jellywears first seasonal yarn club next month! So excited!

I am wondering .... what projects we'll be creating in the yarn club

I am reading .... about colouring soaps ready for when I start making again in a few weeks.

I am hoping .... that Brian's step grandfather doesn't suffer much longer.

I am looking forward to .... the cooler weather.

I am learning .... some new crochet stitches. Love how I can be doing a craft for 15 years and still learn something

I am pondering .... what flavours I'll bake with Herman this week

A favourite quote for today .... Start where you are, Use what you have, Do what you can - Arthur Ashe

One of my favourite things .... homemade vanilla bean ice cream

A few plans for the rest of the week ... finally start my Project Life album tomorrow, some more baking with Herman on Friday.

A peek into my day ....

   photo jammaking_zps1f6e4257.jpg
We went foraging for blackberries. 
This last batch was turned into jam.


 photo 2014_0204Feb4th20140034_zps630977c8.jpg
I altered a basic notebook to keep track of all my Herman experiments.

Linking up with The February edition of The Simple Woman's Daybook.


Take Care
Becci
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. What is baking with Herman? Popped in from SWDB for February. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary, thanks for stopping by
      Herman is a sourdough cake starter. Also called Amish friendship cake.
      As with all sourdough it's super good for your gut and digestion.
      I blogged about it here :)
      http://beccisdomesticbliss.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/tucker-tuesdays-baking-with-herman.html

      Delete