Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Crafty Corner: Jellywares Yarn Club

I've always admired the yarns that Jodie from Jellywares uses and sells. Thinking that one day I'll get around to ordering some for a special project. But we all know how long that project list is right?

Then Jodie came up with this fabulous idea for a Yarn Club!
You subscribe to seasonal subscriptions for either a crochet or knit version and she'll send you a beautiful package at the start of each month for the season (3 months). How awesome!

So I've signed up for the crochet version, of course and waited excitedly for my first package arrived.
Jodie teased us with little sneak peaks here and there which just whet the appetite even more!

 photo 2014_0323March23rd20140010_zps724c5a91.jpg 
The day finally came, and OMG the package was just awesome!

We received a beautiful skein of Sierra cotton/wool blend yarn in a gorgeous shade of dark purple, a hand printed calico project bag in the perfect size for a small project, some little heart shaped shortbreads, perfect to have with a cuppa while we hooked away, a little leaf accessory that Jodie knitted for each of us, plus a lovely letter and pattern on nice thick cardstock.
Eli just loved the packaging and took it to kindy to create with too.


 photo 2014_0326March23rd20140003_zpsffb5ec58.jpg
The pattern was for a dishcloth, and you know how I LOVE dishcloths.

This time for a new to me pattern called Tulip Stitch Dishcloth by Toni in the Foothills of the Great Smokey Mountains. You can find the pattern here on Ravelry.
It's such an easy pattern that hooks up quite quickly, making it perfect for gift giving.
Even though this was a new pattern it still only took me an hour to complete.

We only used less than half the skein too. I was tempted to make a second but I'm going to hold off for now and see how much yarn we have leftover from the other projects and I might make something combining them all :)

I can't wait for next months subscription to arrive. I hear it might just contain some hand dyed yarn!


If you are interested in joining up to the Yarn Club the next openings for the Winter selection will be happening early in May via the Jellywares Facebook page and Blog. Be quick though, spaces are limited and if this first subscription is anything to go by it'll fill up fast!



Have you been taking part in the Jellywares Yarn Club?


Take Care
Becci
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment