Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tucker Tuesday: Recipe ~ Sourdough {Herman} Sweet and Savoury Scrolls

One of my boys favourite snack is scrolls. They love both sweet and savoury.
So I looked for a recipe to make Herman into a dough for scrolls.
I honestly can't remember where I found this one, but as usual I always tweak mine a little.

When Herman is ready I remove the good one cup of starter to keep going then I divided the remaining into two. Approximately 2 cups of starter in each batch. Each batch bakes 12 good sized scrolls.
The dough is a little sweet from the last feed but we didn't mind that.

Scrolls
2 cups starter
2/3C butter, melted
1/4C milk
2eggs
3C self raising flour
1/2t salt.

Combine all this in a bowl.
Turn out onto a lightly floured board and then knead in up to 2C more of self raising flour. Your dough will take more or less depending on how much Herman you ended up with and also on the flour itself.
Roll out the dough into a rectangle, spread with your chosen fillings, roll up along the long side.
Cut into 12 equal pieces.
Place in a greased dish and bake at 180C for about 40 mins or until lightly browned.


 photo jamscrolls_zps7101e653.jpg 
I decided to use up all the dregs of jam in the bottom of a heap of jars, mixed them together and spread on one batch.
These are just divine served with whipped cream on top, just like a devonshire tea!

 photo pizzascrolls_zpsf9a775a8.jpg
The other I spread with pasta sauce, sprinkled with grated cheese, shredded ham and pineapple pieces for pizza scrolls.
You can use whatever you like for the filling though.

Do you bake with Herman? What's your fave recipe?

Take Care
Becci
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment