Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Handmade Writing Sets


 photo DSCF5748_zpsb5f142b6.jpg

As you know I've been writing to some pen pals lately. I've been admiring some gorgeous writing sets online but many are quite expensive. So the seed of making my own was sewn. I pondered on it and went to bed. The most amazing thought came to me just as I was falling asleep late one night.
I could make my own! then my mind ran with the idea. I had seen some lovely paper at my local scrapbooking shop just the day before. Yes it would be perfect! I had even bought a couple of new Kaiser envelope templates!
I couldn't wait until the shop opened the next day so I could purchase the paper I had seen and get started.

The paper pack came with 12 papers and a huge sticker sheet. Using this and some parchment paper I had at home I made 12 envelopes each with 2 sheets of coordinating writing paper. I also bought some coordinating Captured Moments cards and a pack of Collectables to help decorate the envelopes and paper. Both of these I have plenty leftover and will be using for other projects.

If you are frugal and watch your envelope size (I used the templates W472 and W477) you should have a good couple of inches of spare paper down one side which you can then cut to add strips to your writing paper too.

So here they are:

 photo DSCF5740_zps18e51370.jpg


 photo DSCF5744_zpseac17b7d.jpg
The papers are double sided so they are naturally lined.


 photo DSCF5741_zps05a78b87.jpg

 photo DSCF5743_zps7e25e6be.jpg
This set was created a little differently. I loved this corner flower pattern but it was on the corner of the paper. So I created an envelope with Kraft and then cut the paper to fit the front of the envelope.

 photo DSCF5747_zpsd4eed3c6.jpg

 photo DSCF5746_zps4c36560f.jpg
This one I ended up with two of. The other side is newsprint but I prefer the rose pattern.

 photo DSCF5742_zpsa9d74834.jpg

These are just some of my favourites.

If you would like to see a tutorial please leave me a comment. I loved making these sets they are so quick and easy to do. Would actually make a great gift for a letter writer.


Take Care
Becci
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I've just returned to writing to pen pals and am always looking for lovely frugal writing set ideas to send off. I will be adding this to my to do list.
    -Shiralee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are prettier than anything I've seen in shops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful writing sets becci! don't do much writing myself these days, only bought a note pad so i could write a letter to my girl in london when i send a parcel
    hope you had a wonderful xmas

    ReplyDelete