Monday, November 24, 2014

Menu Planning Mondays

 photo DSCF5751_zps38b933d0.jpg


The weather is warming up a little now so we are making some of our favourite winter meals for possibly the last time and starting to make some more summer meals too.

Mon ~ Roast Chicken and veg
Tues ~ Steak sandwiches
Wed ~ Rissoles and veg
Thurs ~ Spaghetti Bolognaise
Fri ~ Chicken snitzels and veg with mushroom Diane sauce
Sat ~ Chow Mein
Sun ~ Beef Pot Roast and veg

Baking:
~ Strawberry Cream Hot Milk Cake
~ Jelly fruit


Do You Menu Plan? Would love for you to Share


Take Care
Becci
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Do you shop to your menu plan or do you menu plan to your shop? My wife usually shops against a menu plan but is beginning to menu plan against a shop - she thinks it is cheaper. I see merits in both....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shop to my menu plan. But I do stock pile, so if I see things (usually meat) at a reduced price then I can grab it and freeze for another week. I also check the specials in case there is something to stock up on.
      The problem I have with doing it the other way around is that if I find a great sale and buy the product I then have to be thinking on my feet as to what the ingredients I might need and make sure I get it. We have a strict food budget so I need to work within that. So if I forget an important ingredient and the budget has run out then it's just bad luck.
      The most important thing with menu planning though is to do what works for you.

      Delete